Free Candle Crafts Projects and Ideas
Country Lane™ makes candle crafting easy with our pre-scented and pre-colored wax... and
it's so convenient with the wicks included. You'll be so excited at the professional and fragrant
results that you'll want to try all of our wax scents! Just melt and pour!
VANILLA FLORAL CANDLE
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Country Lane™ Premium Scented Vanilla Candle Wax (or fragrance of your choice)
- Country Lane™ 2 1/2" Square Glass Container (Note: Glassware must be candle
- Country Lane™ Pouring Pot (or other safe melting pot)
- Four 12" x 12" sheets of coordinated scrapbook papers*
- Six 1" - 3" dimensional paper flowers or embellishments to coordinate with paper*
- 22" length of 3/8" wide sheer ivory ribbon
- Transparent tape
- Double-sided tape
- Old newspaper
* K- ology Addison Scrapbook Paper Specialty Papers To Go and package of
coordinated Paper Flowers by K & Company were used on this project.
- Cover work area with old newspapers. Remove plastic wrap and wicks from the packet of wax.
Place wax into pouring pot (or other container that is safe for melting wax, such
as a coffee pot) and begin melting process. Use thermometer to check temperature
of melted wax. For best results, heat wax up to 175 – 180 degrees and do not over heat as
fragrance of wax could evaporate.
- While wax is melting place the wick into the glassware.
(Note: Smaller wicks should be used with glassware 2" – 3" in diameter and larger
wicks should use glassware
3" – 4" in diameter.) To keep wick centered, wrap top of wick around a pencil and
place pencil onto glassware rim, positioning wick in the center.
- When wax reaches
the correct temperature, pour it into the glassware, reserving some wax for Step
4. As the wax gets a film on top, check and re-center the wick as needed.
- As the
wax cools, it hardens and shrinks, creating an indentation. When it has completely
hardened, re-melt the remaining wax and fill glass to desired height. Let candle
completely harden and cool.
- To decorate glassware, cut 2-1/2" squares from four different
scrapbook paper prints. Working on a flat surface, place four squares in a row, butting
edges and taping together on the wrong sides, using transparent tape. Wrap paper
strip around glassware and attach to glass with double-sided tape. Randomly attach
paper flowers to each side as desired.
- Wrap ribbon around neck of glassware and
tie into a knot. Diagonally trim tails to desired length.
Enjoy the attractive look as well as the enticing scent of hand crafted candles!